I have been playing alto saxophone for 6 yrs and I can't tell if I'm sharp or flat! I can tell I'm out of tune when I play with another alto sax, but I can't tell you if I'm out of tune or they are!( i can only tell of its really bad out of tune like...... Like violin, cello, and trombone, all saxophones require practice and a “good ear” to play in tune. Every note on every horn requires a slightly different approach. A horn that requires less adjustment between different notes across its range is said to have good
Sax on the Web > Soprano Saxophone > Intonation
28/03/2006 · Indeed, warming up the horn is essential for a soprano to play in tune. And using the right reed as well. When my reed gets old, I play more out of tune than with a new one. That might be an embouchure thing as well off course.... Grouping Soprano Sax designs by Style. Soprano saxes come in all flavors and it’s a good idea to have a feeling for each. It helps to be able to put the styles on some kind of scale or continuum.
Out-of tune soprano sax Forums Saxophone.org
17/07/2015 · As I see it, the downside to starting on soprano is that you need a good ear to play it in tune. That's true for all saxophones (more so for saxes than flute or clarinet, say), but the smaller they get the more variable the pitch of each note becomes. This means that your tuning will only be as good as your ear. That's fine when you're playing own your own (if you can't hear the difference, it... Soprano Saxophone Sax ofBb tone is easy to play and has a pleasing vibrant feel with a well-centered sound. 1 Soprano Saxophone. hard-shell case, mouthpiece, neck strap, case belt, cleaning cloth & rod, brush, notation and a pair of gloves.
Soprano Archives www.GetASax.com
Achieving good intonation and staying in in tune are skills that usually develop somewhat more slowly in soprano sax players. That said, the soprano saxophone is an excellent choice for those who want to produce a rich, full sound in the higher registers.... I own and play saxes from bass to sopranino - but in the main I play soprano, alto and tenor. I find the bass and baritone sax to be bulky and heavy, but not that difficult to play.
How To Play Soprano Sax In Tune
Soprano saxophone Wikipedia
- Sax Tuning and Intonation SchoolOfTheRock
- Can You Double And Still Be A Great Soprano Saxophonist?
- Saxophone Tuning Online Saxophone Tuner - SaxStation
- Soprano Saxophone and Intonation Sax Gourmet
How To Play Soprano Sax In Tune
Out-of tune soprano sax. I'm consdering purchasing a used soprano sax. I have little to no experience with sopranos . . . tenor player here. When I tried it (1 year old Cannonball) the first thing I did was play the low b flat and then, without changing the fingering, played the next b flat an octave up and it was fine.
- *Tenor and soprano saxophones are in the key of B-flat. This means that when you play the note C on a tenor or soprano saxophone, the note that is heard is actually a B-flat. Played note C – Heard note Bb *tenor saxophones sound an octave lower than shown in the examples. The examples reflect how saxophone players typically visualize and think about transposing. So if you are playing along
- Also, soprano sax is a real monster, if you do get one, don't get easily discouraged. I have a little trouble getting some notes to play in tune and with good tone, but it will all come with practice.
- Out-of tune soprano sax. I'm consdering purchasing a used soprano sax. I have little to no experience with sopranos . . . tenor player here. When I tried it (1 year old Cannonball) the first thing I did was play the low b flat and then, without changing the fingering, played the next b flat an octave up and it was fine.
- Soprano Saxophones written on 29/5/2018 After playing Tenor Saxophone for a year or so, and listening to a few major Soprano Saxophone players, I bought a Yamaha YSS-62R....Wow, what a lovely sound and gee, what hard work it was to play well and "in-tune"!!!
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Mitchell ACT, Moncrieff ACT, Molonglo ACT, Hall ACT, Curtin ACT, ACT Australia 2662
- New South Wales: Lake Cargelligo NSW, Bannaby NSW, Tinderry NSW, Balala NSW, Bolong NSW, NSW Australia 2013
- Northern Territory: Fannie Bay NT, Anindilyakwa NT, Cossack NT, Imanpa NT, Braitling NT, Kintore NT, NT Australia 0813
- Queensland: Peregian Beach QLD, Mt St John QLD, Eidsvold QLD, Alice River QLD, QLD Australia 4072
- South Australia: Blakiston SA, Murputja SA, Square Mile SA, Big Bend SA, Noarlunga Downs SA, Lyrup SA, SA Australia 5015
- Tasmania: Glenora TAS, Glenorchy TAS, Gunns Plains TAS, TAS Australia 7095
- Victoria: Tallangatta South VIC, Inverloch VIC, Toolern Vale VIC, Glenloth VIC, Armstrong Creek VIC, VIC Australia 3006
- Western Australia: Lagrange WA, Dardanup WA, Bovell WA, WA Australia 6023
- British Columbia: Merritt BC, Gibsons BC, Harrison Hot Springs BC, Radium Hot Springs BC, Telkwa BC, BC Canada, V8W 4W4
- Yukon: Coffee Creek YT, Isaac Creek YT, Morley River YT, Forty Mile YT, Whitefish Station YT, YT Canada, Y1A 6C2
- Alberta: Drayton Valley AB, Grande Cache AB, Grimshaw AB, Champion AB, Provost AB, Black Diamond AB, AB Canada, T5K 9J6
- Northwest Territories: Whati NT, Hay River NT, Aklavik NT, Tulita NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L6
- Saskatchewan: Meadow Lake SK, Spiritwood SK, Rosetown SK, Dafoe SK, Regina Beach SK, Maidstone SK, SK Canada, S4P 5C6
- Manitoba: Dunnottar MB, Rossburn MB, MacGregor MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P8
- Quebec: Saguenay QC, Cookshire-Eaton QC, Tring-Jonction QC, Stanstead QC, La Malbaie QC, QC Canada, H2Y 7W5
- New Brunswick: Chipman NB, Grand Bay-Westfield NB, Tracadie NB, NB Canada, E3B 7H6
- Nova Scotia: Clark's Harbour NS, Canso NS, Inverness NS, NS Canada, B3J 4S5
- Prince Edward Island: Hunter River PE, Kensington PE, Georgetown PE, PE Canada, C1A 5N4
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Lord's Cove NL, West St. Modeste NL, St. Jacques-Coomb's Cove NL, St. Lawrence NL, NL Canada, A1B 3J8
- Ontario: Murchison ON, Opasatika ON, Raymond ON, Hurdville, Merlin ON, Jericho ON, Hempstock Mill ON, ON Canada, M7A 1L8
- Nunavut: Kugaryuak NU, Pangnirtung NU, NU Canada, X0A 6H8
- England: Littlehampton ENG, Brighton and Hove ENG, Atherton ENG, Gateshead ENG, York ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 4A4
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 4H4
- Scotland: Edinburgh SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Paisley SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B8
- Wales: Swansea WAL, Cardiff WAL, Newport WAL, Neath WAL, Barry WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 1D4